Pages

Friday, September 3, 2010

Day Thirty-Three

Day 33: 03 Sep 2010

Dane got disgustingly sick after his watch today. He claims it was the MREs, but we've all been eating them. None of us are sick.

Vince doped him up with some Benadryl, and after he passed out informed us that we'd have longer watches.

"Some sleep'll do him some good," Vince said. "Travis, you're midnight to eight now. Cassie, eight to four. I'll take the rest."

That meant two hours less free time, which actually turned out to be a good thing, as I'd already plowed through all Vince's books. They weren't very interesting, anyway -- outdoors stuff. Survival manuals. Military histories. The guy wasn't too complex, I guess.

Sleep was dreamless and fitful, thanks to the 110 degree temperature today. When I reported for night watch, I felt like a zombie. I took over from Vince and sat my ass on the couch. He nodded and headed back to his room. I was ready for another boring night.

That isn't what I got.

No comments:

Post a Comment