Pages

Saturday, September 11, 2010

Day Forty-One

Day 41: 11 Sep 2010

Not a great day, self-esteem-wise.

I don't actually remember anything about yesterday at all. That "hungry" from yesterday was smeared on the wall of my cozy little cell in blood when I woke up today. I know. Charming, innit?

Mr. William tells me I did that with the remains from yesterday's raw-meat buffet, but I don't remember it. Which means. . .

My buddy Sluggo is learning to speak English. Seems like kind of a jump, doesn't it? I mean, I've been in Bat Country for days.

I could have done it and just been too wasted to remember it, right?

I thought so too, until after I ate (more raw meat) today. As per the last few days, I felt extremely tired. Unlike the last few days, I was pretty much in control of my actions, though.

I sprawled out on the bed, closed my eyes, and went to sleep.

The dream -- or communing -- was completely different this time. I saw nothing, as usual -- but the screeching and wailing was gone, replaced by a voice. It sounded like mine, but. . . not. Stranger. Modulated down, mechanized.

"Hey, Travis," the voice said.

"Yeah?"

"Interesting language you've got. Simple, but not. Things aren't spelled properly. Phonetically."

"Um, yeah. I suppose so."

"I'm learning. Pulling things from your mind. Ideas. Memories. That's how I can speak to you now."

"Do you have a name?"

"No. I do not. Since we're the same now, I am Travis. Like you."

"What is it you want?"

"Later. I need to access your mind. You'll be asleep."

And so I was.

No comments:

Post a Comment