Pages

Thursday, September 9, 2010

Day Thirty-Nine

Day 39: 09 Sep 2010

Woke up. Hungry. Plate of raw meat -- liver -- was waiting for me. Tore through it like mad.

"Morning. How are we feeling?"

It was Mr. William. May have grunted something in his general direction -- don't remember.

"Good. Eat. The protein, the slug will use to augment your musculature."

Didn't even bother to grunt at that. Sure of it. Finished eating. Sleepy. Sat down on the couch and closed my eyes.

* * *

Dreaming again. No, not dreaming. Communing. Yes, that was it. The slug and I. Communing.

Couldn't understand him just yet -- yes, it's a him. But I got the feeling he understood me. Knew me.

He was angry. I understood that without needing his words. Full of rage, but not at me. At humans. Normal ones. Everyone but me and Jared.

Then my brain went offline, lulled to sleep by the comforting screeching and wailing.

No comments:

Post a Comment