Pages

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Day One Hundred

Day 100: 09 Nov 2010

Was walking in Jackson Square this afternoon, past all of the street performers and random tourists. Oh, and the homeless people the tourists thought were street performers.

As I walked, I felt someone grab my left wrist. I turned, and saw it was a tiny old black lady at a folding table. She had Tarot cards set up in front of her.

"You. Sit down."

It wasn't a request.

"I started picking up something from you the moment you walked into the square," she told me, shuffling cards. "Don't even need the cards to see it."

"Oh, yeah?" I asked, shifting in my seat.

"Yeah. You're bringing something bad, girl. Something evil. You're bringing it to this city."

"What?" I coughed.

"What'd we ever do to you, anyway?" she growled.

"I'm sorry, I don't --"

"You need to meet with Ronan. Today. St. Louis Cemetary. Go now," she said, rising from the table slowly.

"I --"

"Go!" she screamed.

So I went. Don't know who Ronan is, or why I have to meet him, but that woman scared me. A lot. She looked like she wanted to beat the crap out of me, but she didn't intimidate me physically. Something else about her. . .

I don't know. But here I am, waiting.

No comments:

Post a Comment