Pages

Saturday, November 13, 2010

Day One Hundred and Four

Day 104: 13 Nov 2010

The drive from Houston to just outside of Marfa would have been murder -- more than ten hours in the car. Thankfully, we didn't have to make the drive -- Vince's old military and black ops connections must have still been worth something. He had a helicopter meet us early in the morning at a small private airfield just outside Houston. It was a Pave Hawk, a monster.

"You're sure he said Marfa?" Vince shouted over the noise of the rotors as we flew.

"Yeah. That's where the Sky God is buried."

"Should be there in a couple of hours. We'll scout somewhere to set up near the burial site. Your guy shouldn't be along real soon. Not for at least a day if he's driving by car," Vince said.

And he was right. We found an abandoned trailer near the site. I knew we were near the burial site -- I could feel it. The God of the Skies,dead, but still radiating power. He was definitely here.

"Trailer's more exposed than I'd like, but it'll have to do," Vince said. "Get some sleep. You look like you've been up a week."

I had been. So I balled up my coat under my head and sacked out in a corner of the trailer. I was asleep in seconds.

No comments:

Post a Comment