Pages

Friday, October 1, 2010

Day Sixty-One

Day 61: 01 Oct 2010

Sent Cassie on an assignment this morning -- drove her to Maccarran myself. She'll be back in two days. She's headed to Central Texas -- there's something we need, and my slug assures me it's there.

Cassie was skeptical, of course.

"You're listening to an eons-old slug? How does it even know where Texas is?" she complained. Her logic was sound, I guess.

At least, from her point of view.

I played the whole "do it for Travis" card again. Don't know how long that'll keep working. Don't know how long I'll need it to keep working. She got on the plane, though. That's what counts.

Now comes the tough part. I've got to keep on Travis' radar just enough to keep him in Las Vegas, but not so much so that he can actually track me down. It's going to take a lot of careful tip-toeing and some moments of quick movement -- and I'm not sure me and the slug are up to it.

We need to eat.

No comments:

Post a Comment