Pages

Monday, October 4, 2010

Day Sixty-Four

Day 64: 04 Oct 2010

I'd pushed the Lexus to more than 60 mph before Travis started falling behind. By 80, we couldn't see him.

"I knew you guys could move fast, but that was nuts," Cassie said, shaking her head.

"Did you get it?" I asked, slowing down.

"I think so," Cassie said, opening her messenger bag and pulling out a small wooden box covered in flowing, black script."Still don't know what it is, though."

"Did you open it?"

"Tried to. It wouldn't open, not any way I could figure, anyway."

"Yeah, there's a trick to it. We need to get somewhere safe, somewhere Travis doesn't know about. Then I'll explain everything."

"Right. Go to North Vegas. I have another place there. Explanation's gonna have to wait though -- I haven't slept in two days. And I'd about murder for a beer."

I nodded and drove to where Cassie indicated.

No comments:

Post a Comment