Pages

Saturday, October 30, 2010

Day Ninety

Day 90: 30 Oct 2010

Stalled in Beaumont, Texas, east of Houston. Eric's intel has been good so far -- shows Travis has stopped. His GPS signal stopped moving late last night in New Orleans.

The Lexus is pretty much dead, according to Cassie. And she knows cars. Once something opens up in the morning, we'll try to track down a car we can buy in cash with as little paper trail as possible.

I know why Travis (or, more accurately, his slug) went to New Orleans. I also know why he made stops along the way -- a lot of them. Death Valley, Vegas, Phoenix, Albuquerque, and San Antonio. All West Coast Syndicate outposts. All with information to hide. Pieces of the puzzle, the puzzle that leads to his ultimate goal -- New Orleans.

For years, the Syndicate didn't go this far east. Their presence stopped in Arizona. But after they found -- or obtained, really -- my slug, they started to do research. To study. To figure out if they could make more of. . . me, I guess.

They broke the research up into unrelated pieces, spread it out. No one team knew the whole, the ultimate plan. Cells worked in secret, using major cities -- the ones I just mentioned -- as cover. Their research neared completion. Some had already finished, found their part of the answers. The parts would soon be combined into the whole.

My slug figured it out, so Travis' must have. And once he had all the pieces together. . . well, I can only assume it led him to the Port of New Orleans --that's where he stopped.

And, come morning, that's where we're going. Hopefully before he has a chance to do what I think he's going to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment