Pages

Saturday, December 11, 2010

Day One Hundred and Thirty-Two

Day 132: 11 Dec 2010

Early yesterday morning, I made a run at one of the guards outside the Chinese Mafia complex in Vancouver. It was the same place Travis had been held, but in the intervening months, the damage had been fixed and the Triad had moved back in. The guard I ran at had an AK-47, and he used it. He emptied an entire clip into me, and I went to sleep.

I woke up early today. I was in a utility room, alone. That's where they chucked their dead bodies, I guess. The door wasn't locked -- why should it be? Dead people didn't often open doors.

I knew what I was looking for -- a computer full of all of the Syndicate's slug research. Kevin had put it together, and the Chinese had stolen it from Travis at some point. The God of the Skies said we needed that info.

I found the computer right where he said it would be -- under lock and key in an office at the end of the complex. I broke in. I took the computer. I went out the window. It was too easy, but it only worked because they thought I was dead. Silly Triads.

And now, we're off to New Orleans.

No comments:

Post a Comment