Pages

Friday, December 17, 2010

Day One Hundred and Thirty-Eight

Day 138: 17 Dec 2010

Travis here. And no, not the "We are Travis" Travis. Travis Sykes, 24 years old, and probably unemployed. I'm not dead.

Neither is the slug, but he might as well be. The needle went straight into his brain, or what functions as one. Normally wouldn't have worked, but Cassie was smart -- she made the needle out of a chip of the blades the God of the Skies gave her. It's one of the only things that can pierce the skin the slug grew over mine.

The full dosage would have killed him, of course. But he didn't get the full dosage. He got just enough to cause. . . well, the closest human analog would be a major stroke event. It cooked off the higher functions of his brain, but the lower functions are intact.

In a human, that'd basically mean brain death. But thanks to Sluggo, I'm not entirely human anymore. When his brain went all fried egg, mine took over the higher functions.

This means I still have all of the cool stuff available, but I'm in control. And I will be for the foreseeable future, I think. I don't think he's coming back from this one.

And thanks to his using my brain for storage, I know Jared's entire plan of attack. So, if you'll excuse us, Cassie and I have some traps to set.

No comments:

Post a Comment