Pages

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Day One Hundred and Seventy-Eight

Day 178: 26 Jan 2011

Days were passing in a fog. I was dimly aware of the medic, Briggs, checking my condition every so often. Sounds and colors filtered in and out. My eyes responded to my commands to open about half the time, but my vision was sketchy.

But then, suddenly, today -- hyper-awareness. I could see, feel, know everything. I knew what was kicking around in my bloodstream. L-3,4-dihydroxyphenylalanine, if you're wondering. I knew the room temperature was 68 degrees Fahrenheit. Briggs needed a shower.

More than that -- I could see through Travis' eyes. Knew he was underwater, just barely keeping it together against our father. I could communicate with the Gods of the Seas, Skies, Land.

And I knew Travis wasn't going to survive without help.

No comments:

Post a Comment