Pages

Friday, January 28, 2011

Day One Hundred and Eighty

Day 180: 28 Jan 2011

The fight wasn't going well. And it hadn't been going well for the better part of the last three days.

Cutting was a problem, as I mentioned before. Still, I managed here and there to cut off a fin, a tentacle. No good. They grew back. I was faster, more agile, but the few times the God of the Seas hit me, I thought I would shatter. He hit like a cruise missile.

He'd already broken one of my arms -- and I didn't even know they could break. I was getting tired, and that was a surprise, too. I hadn't been tired since the slug had implanted.

It didn't look good for me at all. But then, I started to hear a familiar voice. It was Jared, and he was in my head.

"You have to get him to surface, even for a fraction of a second," he told me.

"Jared?"

Nothing. I was apparently set to receive-only. But I knew what I had to do.

I just didn't have a clue as to how to do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment