Pages

Friday, March 13, 2009

Yeah, that was a long one.

So, Chapter 5 came out longer than I originally intended. Ask anyone who knows me, though, and they'll tell you I have a problem with shutting up.

A reader sent me an email the other day, noting that I've put Dead Kennedys songs in the novel twice so far (which is, of course, correct). There's no hidden reason for this, really -- Eric, the main character, just likes the Dead Kennedys. But that did get me thinking about a couple of things that I should probably mention.

  • Remember, everyone. This is a first draft. Yes, I do write everything I post on a certain day on that particular day. This means there may be misspellings, grammatical errors, double-Dead-Kennedys references, and so on. I try to fix at least the spelling and grammar stuff before I port over to the blog, but, again, I'm in first-draft mode, so not much editing gets done.
  • I listen to music while I write. I, like everyone else in the free world, have an iPod, and it's rare not to find the thing attached to my head. I listen to a lot of different stuff, but I try to keep the stuff that the characters listen to in step with who they are. If you notice something that just doesn't seem to fit with a certain character, by all means, call me on it. Email me or comment. Bring it up for discussion. I'm quite a music nerd, so I'm always down for a discussion about it.
  • Actually, that last point doesn't just go for music. If you find anything you think I fucked up on, call me on it. That includes spelling and grammar, factual errors, something dumb I said -- whatever you like. Feedback, folks. I love it.
  • Apropos of nothing, thanks much to @JohnnySix for dropping the first comment on the blog. You're a gentleman and a scholar, sir, even if you are five-foot-nothing. Just kidding, of course.


I think that about covers pointless rambling for now. I'm off to catch up on some TV, as this has been a rather busy week, and I haven't had time to watch anything for a while. Take care, everyone, and keep the emails and comments flowing in. I love to hear from you.

No comments:

Post a Comment