Pages

Thursday, July 15, 2010

Tell them what they've won, Johnny!

So, I said in the next couple of days, I'd explain the reason behind the poll I did last week. Well, it's been a couple of days, so I'll make with the explainin':

One of the most fun things during the original "47 Echo" was the guest stories -- but not just the stories themselves, though they were all excellent. See, at the time, the universe I was writing in wasn't completely sketched out, and I used flavors of what my guest writers submitted to shape and inform the universe. In some cases, characters from the shorts popped up in the book -- at least one of them became a member of the team.

So, the three stories that took first, second, and third in the poll will have some element of them, be it a character, organization, or event, inform part of the "47 Echo" sequel, which I'm writing as we speak. I'm quite happy with how all of the stories for the shorts collection worked out, but these three are guaranteed to make some definite impact on the second book.

Also, last night turned out to be a good writing night for me -- only 1000 words, but I managed to kill off a problem in "47 Echo 2" that was really, really making the whole thing a chore. Now on to the fun part.

Oh, who am I kidding? They're all fun parts.

No comments:

Post a Comment