Pages

Friday, February 27, 2009

Five Thousand

Well, if OpenOffice.org is to be believed (and I have no reason to think it would lie to me), the next set of tweets will put the book just over 5,000 words, which is officially the beginning of a story. Also, doing the math, that means I'll have roughly 2,000 tweets or so (if the story wraps up at around 50,000 words), so we're definitely in it for the long haul.

I'm actually rather having fun with the idea. I've started with the characters-based-on-Twitter-avatars idea, and I'm curious to see how long it will take the people who I've hijacked into the story to realize they've been appropriated as a character model, in a sense. As I've said before, I do know some of them, but not all. Sometimes, as is the case with the Shift Commander character, I just really dug the profile picture.

And now, I am rambling. I may do another update tonight, as I'm still writing from the previous one. Time will tell.

Thanks for riding along!

No comments:

Post a Comment