Pages

Tuesday, May 19, 2009

The Failing Light

It's been almost four months since I started this goofy little project. I bet myself that I wouldn't make it to 500 followers -- at last count, I was at 1,933 awesome people who're listening to this silly little story of mine.

Tonight (and possibly tomorrow night) will finish off the last actual chapter of the first draft. There may be some Epilogue action happening, but that shouldn't take more than another two nights -- in short, the first draft will be finished by Friday.

I did an interview for a blog last week. One of the questions the blogger asked me was "What are you going to do when it's done?" Apart from revising and rewriting, of course, I plan on finally opening up the @reply door and interacting with people out in the open, rather than in the DM-and-email fashion I've been so accustomed to. I also plan on regularly updating everyone on how revisions are going, and asking for revision suggestions. Some of you have been there since word one, so who better to ask?

Another question this awesome gentleman asked me (name withheld until the article he writes goes up, then I'm linking the hell out of it) was "If you had it all to do over again, would you, and would you do anything different?"

I'd do this again in a heartbeat. Though, I think I'll build myself in a few days off here and there next time.

Thanks again for reading. Each and every one of you, down to the newest follower, is awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment